Take Your Talents Further
Take Your Talents Further
Thanks to the first-ever $10,000 #LiveThem Award
It’s tempting to define someone by a single detail—a job, hobby or hometown. Yet we all know there’s more to us than any one label. Successfully cultivating our full potential as diverse individuals requires two critical elements: motivation and resources. Solving the first part of that equation will always be up to you. But that second part is something we can help with.
That’s the idea behind the first-ever #LiveThem Award, a unique initiative from the teams at Gear Patrol, Cool Hunting and Rémy Martin® that embodies the spirit of Rémy Martin®'s One Life/Live Them campaign, which like the iconic brand’s harmoniously blended cognacs celebrates the belief that fulfillment in life is about embracing your many talents versus just one.
Knowing you readers are multi-talented individuals with plenty of passions, we want to assist one of you taking a skill of yours to the next level. Share your proposal at #LiveThem Award to be considered for a $10,000* cash stipend to make it happen. All you have to do is describe your interests and talents and why one of them needs some TLC.
The process is easy:
Submit your proposal at LiveThemAwards.com and make sure to follow all the listed instructions. The more thoughtful your proposal is the better opportunity you have of making it a reality.
The editors at Cool Hunting and Gear Patrol will then review all submissions. A selection of promising proposals will be shared via social media in order to avoid duplicate submissions and offer insights into the types of proposals we’re looking to fund.
Five finalists will be selected on 18 January 2016.
Finalists will be asked for further details and information before we determine the eventual recipient of the first #LiveThem Award on 30 January 2017.
The chosen awardee will receive a $10,000 stipend for costs associated with their efforts and for capturing and sharing their story on Cool Hunting and Gear Patrol as a guest contributor.
Ready to share your application? Then visit the link below and check out a few examples of the kinds of ideas we’re looking to support.
SUBMIT YOUR #LIVETHEM AWARD PROPOSAL HERE
Terms and Conditions for the Rémy Martin® 2016 #LIVETHEM Award
1. The Rémy Martin 2016 #LIVETHEM™ Award. The Rémy Martin 2016 #LIVETHEM Award Program (the “#LIVETHEM Award” or the “Program”) is presented by Rémy Cointreau USA, Inc., d/b/a Rémy Martin, with offices located at 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104 (Rémy Martin"), and operated by Gear Patrol LLC, a New York Limited Liability Corporation with offices located at 24 West 30th Street, Floor 2, New York, NEW YORK 10001 (“Gear Patrol”), and Captain Lucas, Inc., d/b/a COOL HUNTING, a New York corporation with offices located at 151 West 25th Street FL 11, New York, New York 10001 (“Cool Hunting”).
2. Eligibility. The #LIVETHEM Award Program is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 21 years old as of the date of their entry. Employees of Gear Patrol, Captain Lucas and Rémy Martin, or of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. The #LIVETHEM Award is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited and where it would be deemed a regulated contest.
3. Application Period. Submissions will be accepted online starting on or about November 28, 2016, and ending December 31, 2016. All completed submissions must be received online by 11:59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2016. All submissions and submission materials become the property of Rémy Martin and will not be returned.
4. Agreement to Rules. By participating in the Program, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by the rules set forth in these Terms and Conditions. You represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements and agree to accept the decisions of the editors of Gear Patrol and Cool Hunting (the “Editorial Team”) and/or Rémy Martin as final and binding.
5. How to Apply. To be considered, individuals must complete and submit the online form provided on the #LIVETHEM Award website. The application must meet all requirements to be eligible for consideration for the Award and Stipend. Submissions that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Editorial Team and/or Rémy Martin. You may enter only once, and you may not enter more times than once by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you attempt to circumvent the rules, or use fraudulent methods in connection with your submission, all your submission(s) may be removed from consideration at the sole discretion of the Editorial Team and/or Rémy Martin.
6. The Award. The top five candidates and the ultimate awardee will be chosen jointly by the Editorial Teams and Rémy Martin, in their sole discretion. The Editorial Teams will attempt to contact the top five candidates by email within five days of their decision, but neither the Editorial Teams nor Rémy Martin will be liable for any candidate’s failure to receive notice. If a selected final candidate cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to respond timely or provide the information and materials requested, or otherwise fails to comply with the Terms amd Conditions, their consideration may be terminated. In this event, whether to select among the remaining final candidates or name an additional finalist shall be within the sole discretion of the Editorial Teams and Rémy Martin. The #LIVETHEM Award is non-transferable.
7. The Stipend. The purpose for the $10,000 Stipend is to provide financial support to help one individual who proposes to undertake specific efforts to improve, expand, develop or complete their “passion” project through, for example, training, research, intense practice, purposeful travel or perhaps just time off during which they can “make it happen.” The Stipend is also intended to defray the recipient’s efforts and costs related to capturing his/her story as inspiration for others. The Stipend will not necessarily cover all the recipient’s expenses, so consideration of a realistic budget and current resources will be needed to meet the Program’s timeframe commitment. All costs related to the applicant’s submissions and efforts in seeking and fulfilling his/her #LIVETHEM Award project and related Stipend obligations including, but not limited to, federal, state, and local taxes, will be the sole responsibility of the recipient. The Award and Stipend are non-transferable. In the sole discretion of Rémy Martin, however, a payment arrangement or variation requested by the recipient may be granted.
8. Rights You Grant by Participating. By applying for the #LIVETHEM Award, you understand that if you are among the finalists, Gear Patrol, Cool Hunting and Rémy Martin, and anyone acting on their behalf, as well as their successors and assigns, will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, to review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use, in any media now known or hereafter known, in perpetuity and throughout the world without compensation, your application, including, without limitation, the entry and your name, picture, likeness, image, biographical information, voice, and/or statements about the #LIVETHEM Award as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes.
9. Termination. Rémy Martin reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the #LIVETHEM Award Program, at any point, in its sole discretion, should a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the program. In the unlikely event of such circumstances, Rémy Martin may, at its sole discretion, opt to select an applicant from among the eligible applications received before the cancellation action if it deems such action appropriate, in its sole discretion.
10. Disqualification. Rémy Martin reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the #LIVETHEM Award Program or website, or violates these Terms & Conditions. Disqualifying actions include, but are not limited to: an individual submitting multiple applications, under different names, whether from different computers or different IP addresses.
11. Limitation of Liability. By participating in the #LIVETHEM Award Program, you agree to release and hold harmless Rémy Martin, Gear Patrol, Cool Hunting, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from your submission(s) (or attempted submission(s))to the Program resulting in technical malfunctions of any kind, including but not limited to, the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or internet service, unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission proceess, electronic errors in the administration of the Program.
12. Disputes. The #LIVETHEM Award Program shall be governed by the laws of New York state, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Program, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved informally between us, and any causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York state having jurisdiction. Additionally, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain any award for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or enhanced damages, and to attorneys fees.