Updated 11 November 2013
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION. Personal information is information that may be used to identify who you are or information that is reasonably believed to be used to identify you. Such information may include your name, email, or phone number.
a. In order to send you e-mail from Captain Lucas (if any), we need your e-mail address. Similarly, in order to supply you with text messaging services (if any), we need your phone number and your provider information. Captain Lucas allows you to create a user account, and in order to access your account, we will be collecting your e-mail address, account user name, and account password; or your username or email address used for your social media accounts. You do not need to create a user account to access the website. To provide you with additional services, we may also request your name, geographical coordinates, and telephone number. Captain Lucas does not collect any other personal information that you do not expressly provide.
b. Captain Lucas will not sell, rent or share your personal information, including your e-mail address, with any third parties for marketing purposes without your express permission. Captain Lucas may share your personal information for the purpose of delivering our e-mail to you or as required by law. Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, Captain Lucas may need to disclose personal information when required by law and when we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process that Captain Lucas receives.
2. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. Non-personal information is information that cannot be used to identify who you are and instead concerns demographic and profile data.
a. We may request non-personally identifiable information, such as buying preferences or age, though you may opt-out of this process (see CHOICE/OPT-OUT). We may use this data to improve our site and/or tailor your experience at our site, such as showing you content that we think you might be interested in, and displaying content according to your preferences.
b. We may also share this information with others, such as advertisers interested in our site, in aggregate, anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you or any other person.
3. USAGE INFORMATION. In addition to collecting personal and non-personal information, Captain Lucas may also collect non-personal, aggregated information about subscribers’ use of our site. This information is not personally identifiable and will only be used to find out how subscribers use our service and site. For example, this information will tell us how much time users spend on our site, from which other sites subscribers came, and to what other sites subscribers go. The collection of this information allows us to, among other things, prepare for traffic load demands and to efficiently deliver relevant information.
5. CHOICE/OPT-OUT. Captain Lucas respects your privacy, and provides multiple options for you to opt-out on the disclosure of your information.
a. YOUR INFORMATION. Upon your request, we will provide you with a summary of the information we collect about you. You will also have an opportunity to correct, update or modify the information we collect about you.
b. E-MAILS. If we ever send you information by e-mail concerning new products or services that you did not expressly request, we will provide you with an e-mail address by which you may request no future notices.
c. COOKIES. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can usually change your browser settings to remove or reject cookies.
6. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING. Some of the ads appearing on this Website are delivered to you by Zedo, our advertising partner. Information about your visit to their site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you. For more information about Zedo, cookies, and how to opt-out, please visit http://www.zedo.com.
7. THIRD PARTY COOKIES. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
8. BUSINESS TRANSITIONS. In the event Captain Lucas goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
9. SOCIAL MEDIA. Captain Lucas allows you to share content from the Website to others on your social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter, and allows you to log in to our Website through your social media platforms. This Privacy Promise does not apply to these social platforms and we encourage you to check the privacy policies of these third parties to learn more about their privacy practices.
10. LINKS TO OTHER SITES. As part of the service, Captain Lucas may create links allowing you to access third party sites. Captain Lucas is not responsible for the content that appears on those sites and does not endorse these sites. Please consult those sites’ individual privacy policies in order to determine how they treat user information.
11. SECURITY. We implement commercially reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
12. MODIFICATIONS TO THIS POLICY. Captain Lucas may change this policy, and any such changes will be posted on this Website.
13. CONTACT US. If you have any questions about this policy or our site in general, please contact us at email@example.com or at +1 212 343 1331.